Easy, Organic Chicken Casserole
This casserole dish is so easy to prepare, and tastes delicious once its cooked. It is full of good, healthy fats,complex carbohydrates and protein to keep you nourished and satiated through the day. This recipe can be used on a Gaps diet, Paleo or Ketogenic diet.
- Half/whole organic chicken
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- Half a cauliflower, (break up into florets)
- Half a medium sized broccoli, (break up into florets)
- Quarter of a white cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- 1 inch sized ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons ghee/grass-fed butter
- 2 table spoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons apple-cider/coconut vinegar
- 1 heaped tablespoon Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
- Wash the chicken and put aside to drain.
- Melt the ghee/butter in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Add the grated garlic and ginger and stir in the melted ghee/butter and then turn off heat.
- Once the mixture is cooled, rub the mixture well onto your chicken, make holes with a knife and stuff into the chicken.
- Place the chicken in your ovenproof casserole dish.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the casserole dish and mix well.
- Put a lid on your dish and place in the oven on a medium heat (gas mark 5/ 6) for 2-3 hours.
Chop your vegetables
Grate ginger and garlic into butter
Rub butter-ginger-garlic mixture onto chicken
Place all the ingredients into your dish