Easy Carrot and Coriander Soup
Posted by SoundHealth
on Monday, January, 26 2009 and
filed under Recipes
Return to Home
This is a simple, but very nutritious and tasty soup. It is made with carrots, which are rich in beta carotene, and coriander, a beneficial phytonutrient.
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried ground coriander
- 1 potato
- 1 stick celery
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 litre (about 2 pints) vegetable stock
- a handful of fresh coriander
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the garlic, ground coriander, potatoes and celery, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots and stock, bring to the boil and reduce the heat. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the carrots are soft.
- Add the fresh coriander and pour the soup into a food processor, or using a hand-held blender, blitz until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan, season with salt and pepper to taste, and reheat.
- Serve the soup garnished with fresh coriander.
Health, fitness and longevity
Based upon the principles of health
in the Qur'an and Prophetic Traditions.
There are two bounties in which
most people lose out: good health
and free time
The information on this site is provided for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice of any kind.