This is a really simple but nutritious and refreshing soup. It is quick to make and can be eaten as a snack or light lunch. Celery is a good source of Vitamin A as well as Vitamin C, B1 and B2 and calcium.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 150g celery, chopped
- 200ml hot stock
- single cream to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the garlic and onion until softened.
- Add the celery and cook for a further five minutes.
- Pour in the stock and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender or use a handheld blender and liquidize.
- To serve, place the soup into a bowl, drizzle with single cream and garnish with celery leaves.