Refreshing Celery Soup
Posted by SoundHealth
on Friday, February, 06 2009 and
filed under Recipes
Return to Home
This is a really simple but nutritious and refreshing soup. It is quick to make and can be eaten as a snack or light lunch. Celery is a good source of Vitamin A as well as Vitamin C, B1 and B2 and calcium.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 150g celery, chopped
- 200ml hot stock
- single cream to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the garlic and onion until softened.
- Add the celery and cook for a further five minutes.
- Pour in the stock and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender or use a handheld blender and liquidize.
- To serve, place the soup into a bowl, drizzle with single cream and garnish with celery leaves.
Health, fitness and longevity
Based upon the principles of health
in the Qur'an and Prophetic Traditions.
There are two bounties in which
most people lose out: good health
and free time
The information on this site is provided for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice of any kind.