Roasted Stuffed Peppers with Couscous Recipe
Posted by SoundHealth
on Monday, March, 16 2009 and
filed under Recipes
Return to Home
Peppers are rich in Vitamin C and beta carotene, especially the red and yellow ones. This recipe makes a delicious, antioxidant-packed light meal.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 100g wholegrain couscous
- large pinch ground cinnamon
- 25g flaked almonds
- 25g pine nuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the peppers in half lengthways, keeping the stalks attached. Remove the seeds, wash and brush the outside of the peppers with olive oil. Place the peppers skin side down in an oven-proof dish.
- Place the couscous in a bowl and add 200ml boiling water. Cover and leave for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add the almonds and pine nuts and toast lightly.
- Add the cinnamon to the couscous and fluff up with a fork.
- Combine the couscous and onion mixture together. Spoon the mixture into the pepper halves.
- Cover the dish with foil and roast for 45 minutes - 1 hour until the peppers are tender.
- Serve with salad.
Health, fitness and longevity
Based upon the principles of health
in the Qur'an and Prophetic Traditions.
There are two bounties in which
most people lose out: good health
and free time
The information on this site is provided for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice of any kind.