The cauliflower is a nutritious vegetable - it is an excellent source of fiber, as well as Vitamin C and zinc, both crucial for strengthening the immune system, as well as a good source of the B vitamins biotin and folate. It also contains a phytochemical called sulforaphane, which helps the liver to produce enzymes that block cancer-causing chemicals from damaging the body.
This lightly spiced soup also contains coconut milk, which provides a creamy texture to the thick soup, and is a great way to enjoy this healthy vegetable.
- 1 tbsp oil/ghee
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 small-medium cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 200 ml coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- coriander seeds, ground
- fresh coriander
- Heat the oil and add the onions and garlic and cook gently until soft. Add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Next, add the spring onions and cauliflower, and cover with water, cook over a medium heat until tender (about 20 minutes). Drain.
- Add the coconut milk and stir through until heated.
- Liquidize the mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the soup with ground coriander seeds and finely chopped fresh coriander before serving.