This colourful salad
has a Chinese-style zesty dressing of ginger
, which complements the crunchy fresh sprouts
. Any combination of sprouted beans
can be used.
For the dressing:
- 1 carrot
- 1 apple
- 1 celery stick
- 100 g (3½ oz) mung bean sprouts
- 50 g (1¾ oz) sprouted sunflower seeds
- 45 g (1½ oz) sprouted alfalfa seeds
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated fresh root ginger
- salt and pepper
Slice the carrot and celery into thin strips about 4cm long. Core the apple and slice into thin wedges. Combine the carrot, celery, apple, sprouted beans and seeds into a bowl.
To make the dressing: whisk all of the ingredients together, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat the ingredients.